Date(s) - 11/06/2014 - 13/06/2014
RRUKA in collaboration with the Young Railway Professionals (YRP) and Future Railway will host the second edition of the Next Generation Rail, which will take place at the Museum of Science of Industry (MOSI) in Manchester.
The conference has been created for early-career researchers and young professionals who would like to enhance their career in the rail industry.
This event is a unique opportunity to be part of the future vision for the railway and learn how innovation can drive your projects and your career…from seed to success.
Reasons to attend:
- DISCOVER – You will have plenty of opportunities to develop and learn new skills to support your career developement.
- SHOWCASE – Next Generation Rail will provide an excellent forum for the exchange and sharing of knowledge and ideas.
- NETWORK – Be part of the community of the future rail leaders and educators, and promote a foundation for collaboration
- It will be lots of fun!
What’s in it for your company?
- Invest in the next generation
- Help young professionals enhance their career and motivate them to succeed
- Maximise collaboration
- Raise the company profile
Conference Programme and SkillShops (271MB pdf file)
Andrew Coombes, Head of Specification and Assurance, HS2 and Mark Molyneux, Head of Engineering, ATOC have been confirmed as keynote speakers.
Registration has now closed.
|We would like to thank our sponsors and supporters|
|Media Partner:||Lead Sponsor:|
|Technical Site Visits Sponsors|
- Site visit, Full conference, Dinner and accommodation – £195 (inc VAT)
- Full conference, Dinner and accommodation – £185 (inc VAT)
- Site visit, Full conference and Dinner (no accommodation) – £135 (inc VAT)
- Dinner only (no accommodation) – £40 (inc VAT)
We will arrange and cover for accommodation in Manchester. The hotel will be located near the conference venue. Details will be made available closer to the time.
GROUP BOOKING DISCOUNT (for participants from the same organisation)
- 5% off for groups of 5+
- 10% off for groups of 10+
Please see the Group Booking Form below, including full instructions on making a group booking. The form must be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The event is open to all:
- Young rail professionals
- Rail-related PhD students (either currently studying or completed within the last 2 years)
- Rail-related post-doc and early-career researchers
- Rail Masters students
PhD tutors, other academics and industry representatives are also welcome (on a limited basis).
NOTE: The academics who wish to attend must be registered RRUKA members. If you are not yet a member please visit: http://rruka.org.uk/membership/.
On Wednesday 11 June delegates will have a choice of four site visits to attend. See the guide below for more information.
Technical site visit guide (546KB pdf file)
Saying you won (or took part in) a competition always looks good on your CV and it is a great opportunity to put your presentation skills to the test!
This year we will run 4 competitions:
- Best Academic Presentation (Award: £50 + industry placement) closed
- Best Industry Case Study Presentation (Award: £100) closed
- Best Collaborative Project Presentation (Award: £200 for double-act presentations) closed
- Best Poster (Award: £100) OPEN
Please read the competition guidance for more information, key dates and FAQs.
In order to enter any of the competitions, please submit your abstract.